Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Different cool internet tools that could be used in education



            Last week’s class was really interesting.  I would like to take time to talk about a few of the cool things that I was introduced to while in class.  The first thing that I want to say is, I have always been a person that has worked with Microsoft computers and have all of my knowledge and experience working with them.  So needless to say coming into a class that is working with Apple computers made me a bit worried.  With that said it took only an hour of this class to make me an advocate of Apple.  I found that these computers are very user friendly and easy to work with.  One thing that I was really impressed with was the program Photo Booth.  While in class we were given the opportunity to “play around” on this program and I found that it was very entertaining as well as useful.   As an educator I kept finding myself thinking “How can I use this in class?”  That was pretty easy to figure out.  In the program you can make little movies.  I was thinking that as an opening week of school you can have students make a quick movie about them.  In this movie, students could talk about themselves and basically introduce themselves to the class.  How I pictured it working is once all the students have made their movie the whole class could watch them and get to know each other a bit more.   Of course finding computers that have this program is very hard since most of the computers we have at school are not Apple which may pose a bit of a problem.  This leaves me thinking: Is there a Photo Booth type of program for Microsoft that is as easy as the Apple version is? 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Andy,
    I have on my computer "Windows Movie Maker." It claims it accepts digital or analog material, and that you can edit, and add titles & credits or special effects. Movies can be saved to your computer, the web, burned to a CD, or sent via email. I have not ever tried it, just reading from the program.

    ReplyDelete